[Kde-women] bei wem kommen die Fragen an?

Koltzenburg claudia.koltzenburg at rrz.uni-hamburg.de
Wed Sep 1 13:15:01 CEST 2004

Hey all, hey Bernard,

> > familiar way of male contemporaries to react:
> > > I take your email as a chance to present myself.
>
> These are exactly the things I am interested in. Why is this a
> male reaction? I would be curious to learn more about that.

actually, i personally have had enough of that kind of extra work
(unpaid) and, to boot, find it tedious to explain to men all
over again - so i am not the one to go into this -

maybe someone else to promote current field research here - or
rather by pm to bernard in case this is not a defined list
focus?

> > this is one reason why i definitely prefer
> > patronising-free women-only lists :-)
>
> Well, is this a 'women only' list?

it is marked as a women's list - which obviously in this case
does not mean women only (just like in a swimming pool, maybe
let's compare by substituting one gender for the other: if a
changing room is maked "men" and a woman turns up to use the
room, what do you think will happen?)

so in fact - right you are, aren't you - here is a nice terrain
to discover (to put it colonially ;-) - and use - to find out
how maybe also in open source communities the terrain - which
terrain - is marked or unmarked and who respects unwritten rules
and who doesn't see such rules at all and for what reasons
terrain is marked and the like,

back to work,
cu, Claudia