AW: AW: [Kde-women] test

Shweety shweetdream at yahoo.com.au
Thu May 27 14:33:24 CEST 2004

Hello,

I am new here, and I am a real linux newbie as well...don't know much,
but I am keen as hell!  I am in Australia and I have had Slackware 9.1
installed now for a few months... though I still hang out in Windows
MORE as sometimes feel suffocated by Linux, I think when I can't move
around as fast as I am used to...I still havent found programs that I am
happy with to substitute for all of my Windows favourites.

I chose Slackware in particular only because my partner uses it so I
have my own helpdesk.  Sometimes he gets impatient with me though
hehe... anyway I prefer to work things out a lot for myself.

Anyway with reference to KDE, I haven't been interested in anything
else, it rox0rz.  My partner runs Gnome and it doesn't turn me on
greatly.   He is a minimalist [likes everything plain and grey] though
so he doesn't do well advertising things to me because I am the opposite
hehe.  I LIKE ALL THE TRINKETS...the knick knacks, bright colours and
pretty stuff,  though I get tired of sounds.

Anyway, hi, and is anything going on?
I would like to be involved with something.  I am afraid I don't even
know the file structure too well yet though.  I am moving around well
with the Gimp and stuff like that though.  I have been hanging on the
'net since 1996 so I do know some stuff... just linux-lost still heh.

Shweety