[Kde-women] KDE Women - Introduction

Eva Brucherseifer eva at kde.org
Thu Jan 29 12:18:01 CET 2004

Am Donnerstag, 29. Januar 2004 08:54 schrieb Karolina Lindqvist:
> onsdagen den 28 januari 2004 00.45 skrev Joanna Harris:
> > I am at the moment concentrating on several projects, the
> > first is my PHP and Mysql skills, the second is learning
> > to program in C (I haven't yet found an answer to wheather
> > or not I'm too old to start learning!! Everyone seems like
> > they are 14 year old boys!!),
>
> I learned C at 20+, and C++ at 30.  I don't see age as a problem.

Same for me. I did some basic and pascal in school, but today I wouldn't
regard that as real programming. I started learning C/C++ when I was 25, but
my main learning period was when I did a real large-scale project with 27+. I
learned all the things that can go wrong ;-) Today I'd say that
object-oriented programming like in C++ helps more against these faults than
structured programming in C.
I don't think age matters and my experience is, that 14 year old boys often
want to show off themselves and that they can talk a lot of rubbish ;-) What
really matters is, that you don't only study books but do real projects.

Welcome to the project :-)
eva