[Kde-women] KDE Women - Introduction

Joanna Harris jo at sharrad.co.uk
Wed Jan 28 00:45:23 CET 2004

Hi,

I thought I would write, as I haven't had an mail through
on the mailing list!!

Well, an Introduction is that I am a 19 year old female
from the UK, who as been interested in Linux since I was
17.

I am at the moment concentrating on several projects, the
first is my PHP and Mysql skills, the second is learning
to program in C (I haven't yet found an answer to wheather
or not I'm too old to start learning!! Everyone seems like
they are 14 year old boys!!), and a website that I hope to
get up and running soon about Open Source in Schools
around the world to show people it can be done!!!

I am at the moment a Technician in a secondary school in
Kent, which I'm afraid doesn't use Linux, though the last
2 schools I worked at did!! Plus my partner Paul is also
spreading the word by having Linux server etc at the
school he works at too.

Sorry if this has bored everyone, if its quiet because
I've set my communigate pro rules wrong please let me
know....urmmm...somehow!!

Jo

ps. I did run Mandrake 10, but due to lack of functions
went back to M9.2.....miss KDE 3.2 now!!!

pps. I would like to help with a project like KDE but feel
that I lack the programming skills (hence the studying!)
what would I need to learn, and is there anything I could
do in the mean time??