[Kde-women] let the questions begin...

Ines ines at drury.edu
Wed Feb 11 01:44:32 CET 2004

Hello all,

I have some questions already; I tried to see if anyone was in IRC but
no luck so here they go:

 >[18:20] <frauke> the idea is to have a database on our website with an
 >web interface to handle tasks. That means we want to have a place where
 >we can store all open tasks that need to be done at KDE like What's
 >this writing or other little or bigger tasks

I: so we're talking about types/categories of tasks like something can
be "coding for the website", "translating", " writing documentation"
etc. Is it possible to have a task associated with multiple categories?

 >[18:22] <frauke> the tasks also should be marked with a level, like
 >easy or less easy or hard, also it should be devided into coding tasks,
 >writing, etc.

I: yes, we definitely need a minimum skill level associated with a task;
would we need an estimate amount of hours as well?

Do tasks have requisites? like if you are a maintainer of a certain
package you are expected to do A, B, and C. I think I've seen things
like this before.

Do we want an estimated deadline for a given task? can a task have
multiple deadlines associated with it?

Should tasks have "supervisors" or "people to contact"(not the person
developing) associated with them? Maybe this person is the app
maintainer; am I correct?

Can an application have several maintainers?

 >[18:26] <frauke> for special tasks like writing What's this help there
 > need to be some special things, like if the QT Designer was used

I: I don't understand this... what do you mean?

 >[18:33] <frauke> a task table, with the information about the creation
 > date, the short and the long description, the category, the level of
 > difficulty, if it is already assigned to someone, when yes, who is the
 > contributor, and finally the extra informations like the use of the
 > designer

I: What do you mean by "use of the designer"?

Alright this might be enough for today... will ask more tomorrow

Hope all of you have a nice day,

Ines
  (o_  (define (Pix-signature foo)(cond ((zero? foo)())
  //\  (else (cons 'IS-THIS-ANNOYING??? (Pix-signature (- foo 1))))))
  V_/_ (Pix-signature 42)