[Kde-women] What about a KDE Women meeting??

Frauke Oster oster at kde.org
Mon Oct 27 20:39:47 CET 2003

Patricia Jung wrote:

> Sounds like a good idea -- although it is also a question of funding.

Sure it is a question of funding and this mail is first of all to check
if there are interested women. I think it is very good to have an idea
how many would like to have a meeting before we start to organize and
plan in detail. We have to talk to the KDE e.V as well when we want to
organize a meeting. They can help us with funding etc. But at the moment
I would love to see if enough women would like to participate. So please
send me all a mail, when you want to meet us all.

> > I'd love to see a little conference program with programming workshops
> and the like.

I think it is a good idea to have a programming workshop, maybe annma
could explain a bit about working with KDevelop and the QT Designer, and
   stuff like this. A little conference program would be very great, and
everyone who would like to do actively a workshop could send me a mail
too :)

> The meeting itself should include a weekend as not everyone is a
> student, and planning of holidays in many companies isn't that easy.

That's right, and we will think about this in the organization :)

Cheers,
Frauke