[Kde-women] Introductary mail

Katrin Wolf katyi at web.de
Thu Nov 27 08:08:59 CET 2003

Frauke Oster schrieb:
| Hi Katrin,
|
| welcome to KDE Women!!

Thanks.

| Maybe you are interested in helping developing our website
women.kde.org that
| is written in PHP. I don't know if there are Java Bindings in KDE, but
maybe
| you like to code on some edu applications.

Yeah of course I'd like to be involved into some action around KDE
women. As you have said in another posting, Uni is very time intensive
and that's the same with me - i have one year to go until I start to
write my final master's thesis (or however you would translate
"Magisterarbeit"). Besides I'm a tutor for younger students and work on
a webbased knowledge base. But I will give my best to work on some stuff
for KDE women. It's a great feeling to be part of a (still) small
project that might be grow soon ;-)
Well I always wanted to learn C++ and Qt (I did some work for my studies
with Qt and OpenGL, but these were only small things) - maybe that's a
chance (and kind of a force) to finally do it.
Actually the Koala-project provides bindings between KDE and Qt on the
one hand and Java on the other hand. But I haven't worked with it yet,
only read about it.

| Do you already know CVS?

Yeah - well I know what it is but I never worked with it - but I guess I
can step into it.

| It would be very cool to work with you and I think a lot of people
would be
| glad to see a new woman in KDE with developing skills.

Thanks.

| Hope you'll become an active KDE Woman!!

Hope that too.

Enjoy!
Katrin

- --