Some problems setting up craft

Boylan, Ross Ross.Boylan at ucsf.edu
Thu Mar 21 01:54:58 GMT 2019

More about this problem:
=======================================
  File "C:\Users\rdboylan\Documents\src\CraftRoot\\download\CraftBootstrap.py", line 276, in <module>
    setUp(args)
  File "C:\Users\rdboylan\Documents\src\CraftRoot\\download\CraftBootstrap.py", line 245, in setUp
    shutil.rmtree(os.path.join(args.prefix, f"craft-{args.branch}"))
# deleted some stack trace
PermissionError: [WinError 5] Access is denied: 'C:\\Users\\rdboylan\\Documents\\src\\CraftRoot\\craft-master\\.git\\objects\\pack\\pack-4969c0e6eb29b4eb9bdb70e0a0397e1a1b7ffe48.idx'
Could this be the result of Windows Explorer or its git gui somehow locking the file?  It seems a little odd the problem arose after many other packages succeeded.
I was not running with admin rights.
===================================

Line 245 is near the end of the installation; it's trying to delete a directory with the original craft code:
        shutil.rmtree(os.path.join(args.prefix, f"craft-{args.branch}")).

The standard procedure creates that directory by pulling an archive file from github and expanding it; I created it by copying from a local git repository of craft (the copy used python's shutil not git clone--code below).

I notice that CraftRoot\craft-master\.git is missing many files, but that is probably because its partly deleted.  The file mentioned in the error message is readable and bit-identical to the original.

I don't know if any of this matters, since I can't see how it would make a difference.  Having the directory open in explorer, which I did, still seems a more likely cause of the problem.

Ross

My version of CraftSetup.py has
        if args.localDev:
            shutil.copytree(args.localDev, os.path.join(args.prefix, f"craft-{args.branch}"))
            print("Getting code from local {}".format(args.localDev))
        else:
            CraftBootstrap.downloadFile(f"https://github.com/KDE/craft/archive/{args.branch}.zip",
                                        os.path.join(args.prefix, "download"),
                                        f"craft-{args.branch}.zip")
            shutil.unpack_archive(os.path.join(args.prefix, "download", f"craft-{args.branch}.zip"), args.prefix)
and took the first branch of the if.