Building KDevelop master with craft on Windows failing

Morten Volden mvolden2 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 13:41:08 GMT 2018

Just for completeness I will answer the remainder of the questions that I
posted

> But that does not seem to have any effect on the version that is chosen
for
> the build (2.1)

That is because there is no master version available. This can be verified
by doing:

craft --search extragear/kdevelop-pg-qt

Which tells that (at time of writing this) the only available version is 2.1

> I am now able to build KDevelop in Debug mode. Curiously, I am not able
to start it though.
> The executable is there, but when I type kdevelop in the craft terminal
nothing happens.

Examining the executable with dependency walker reveals that there is a
.dll dependency like so
KDevelop.exe
    kdevplatformlanguage.dll
        grantlee_templates.dll
             qt5scriptd.dll

The qt5scriptd.dll dependency was unsatisfied So I added this line to the
grantlee.py blueprint

self.runtimeDependencies["/libs/qt5/qtscript"] = none

And was able to start KDevelop correctly.

Kind Regards

Morten