CI results for kxmlgui

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun Aug 19 10:30:02 BST 2018

On samedi 18 août 2018 19:07:20 CEST Ben Cooksley wrote:
> I debugged this directly on the CI servers and once I had DebugView
> running with Admin privileges that showed the output from the test.
> As it turns out Qt 5.11 introduced the variable above, so for older
> versions we need to set QT_LOGGING_TO_CONSOLE, which i've now done.

Well done! Excellent.

> Looks like this failure is a locale issue?
> https://build.kde.org/view/Frameworks/job/Frameworks%20kxmlgui%20kf5-qt5%20W
> indowsMSVCQt5.10/32/consoleFull

Yes, it shows that setting LANG or LANGUAGE isn't going to change the default
locale on Windows. Duh, we should have thought of that :-)

The Qt unittests do show that ru_RU exists on Windows (so I have switched to
that), but not how to set the default locale.
Well, based on tst_qlocale.cpp and qlocale_win.cpp I can infer that something
like the attached patch would be needed. But that's not something I can really
code blindly from Linux, include files must be missing etc.
Anyone from kde-windows who can help making this compile, and run
kxmlgui_unittest to see if it works now?

Working on KDE Frameworks 5