CI results for kxmlgui

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Sat Aug 18 18:07:20 BST 2018

On Sun, Aug 19, 2018 at 1:15 AM David Faure <faure at kde.org> wrote:

> On jeudi 16 août 2018 15:01:18 CEST Ben Cooksley wrote:
> > On Sat, Aug 11, 2018 at 3:22 AM Hannah von Reth <vonreth at kde.org> wrote:
> > > Hi David,
> >
> > Hi Hannah,
> >
> > > To see whats going on I was running the tests with
> > > https://github.com/TheOneRing/vsd .
> > >
> > > It turns out those are gui applications so Qt writes to the debug
> > > stream, not stdout.
> > >
> > > Setting QT_FORCE_STDERR_LOGGING=1 fixes this issue, I'd suggest to set
> > > it automatically in ecm?
> >
> > Thanks, i've now set that in the CI Tooling.
> > If it succeeds there we should probably arrange for this to be in ECM
> > as mentioned to ensure it works for those running tests outside of the
> > CI too.
>
> No change :(
>
> https://build.kde.org/view/Frameworks/job/Frameworks%20kxmlgui%20kf5-qt5%20WindowsMSVCQt5.10/29/testReport/(root)/TestSuite/kxmlgui_unittest/

I debugged this directly on the CI servers and once I had DebugView
running with Admin privileges that showed the output from the test.
As it turns out Qt 5.11 introduced the variable above, so for older
versions we need to set QT_LOGGING_TO_CONSOLE, which i've now done.

Looks like this failure is a locale issue?
https://build.kde.org/view/Frameworks/job/Frameworks%20kxmlgui%20kf5-qt5%20WindowsMSVCQt5.10/32/consoleFull

> --
> David Faure, faure at kde.org, http://www.davidfaure.fr
> Working on KDE Frameworks 5