issues with latest craft

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Mar 6 13:36:17 UTC 2017

Kevin - Thanks for the response.

On 3/6/2017 3:11 AM, Kevin Funk wrote:
> On Sunday, 5 March 2017 19:44:37 CET Jack wrote:
>> I just tried using craft for the first time in several months, and have
>> run into a number of issues.  Help or suggestions on any of them would
>> be appreciated.  (I posted some of these to the IRC channel, but so far,
>> haven't seen any response.)
> Heya,
>
> trying to respond to a few issues you have.
>
>> 1) per an error message, I upgraded my python from 3.5 to 3.6. However,
> Makes sense.
>
>> I then got some messages about needing to set the python27 variable.  Is
>> 2.7 really needed in addition to 3.6?  Am I just asking for trouble
>> pointing python27 to my 3.6 version?
> No idea, sorry.
There is a comment in kdesettings.ini that some packages still need
2.7.  At some point, I'll unset that variable, and then track down where
the messages came from.  I know I grepped for it, but can't find it
right now.
>> 2) on https://community.kde.org/Windows the link near the bottom to the
>> source code in git points to raft.git instead of craft.git.
> Fixed.
>
>> 3) is there still no single craft command to update all installed packages?
> Updating *all* packages should be possible with `craft --update-all ...`, no?
Apparently not.  "craft: error: unrecognized arguments: --update-all"
I think it's somehow been missing for a while.

> The bigger problem (I have) is updating a *subset* of packages, e.g. just KF5
> -- that's not easily possible.
I wonder if it might be possible to allow wildcards, or for packageNames
to include both category and name or just category, or to implement the
concept of sets, as used by Gentoo's portage system.

>> 4) I initially got a strange error, which suggests typos in two calls to
>> craftDebug.log.debug in craft/bin/utils.py.  I've attached a patch file
>> showing the two lines I changed - both removing the leading 'f' from the
>> start of the call '(f"C...' and also fixing a spelling error in one from
>> Coammand to Command.
> That's valid Python 3.6 syntax. See:
>    https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0498/
>
> Did you get that error with Python 3.5 still around?
The only error I thought got with 3.5 was that I needed 3.6.  I have
reverted those changes, and am not currently getting any error, so I'll
call that one "user error" unless it comes back.  However, the
misspelling of Caommand should still be fixed.

>> 5) Attempting to upgrade libpng, I get compile errors with 1.5.28
>> (default target) and also with 1.6.6 and 1.6.27.  I'll be glad to post
>> more details if anyone is interested.
> Yes, please post the error. Maybe in a separate thread.
Yes, once everything else is stable again, I'll pursue that one.

> Cheers,
> Kevin
>
>> I suspect I will still have problems with mpir, but haven't gotten that
>> far yet. (I believe it was a compile error related to make using either
>> absolute or relative path, when only the other actually works
>> correctly.  I've posted about it some time ago, but never got a good
>> resolution.)
I haven't gotten to this one yet, so I don't know if it's still a
problem.  I'll start a new thread if it is, unless I can find the