Okular building help request

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Mar 4 16:39:33 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Fri, 4 Mar 2016 14:21:02 +1100
Jonathan Schultz <jonathan at imatix.com> wrote:
[...]
> I could then build and install okular successfully, but still can't
> run it as it fails to find/load the okularpart plugin. I did what I
> could with gdb, and found that the call to d->loader->load() on line
> 184 of kpluginloader.cpp fails. But the debugger refused to step into
> that function call, and at that point I gave up trying to work out
> where it is failing.
>
> Can anyone help me with another pointer?

no more than stabbing in the dark, but you may want to try
"Process Monitor" to find out where kpluginloader is looking for files
(see https://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KDE_on_Windows/Tools).

In a possibly related issue, I note that kate won't find its plugins
unless QT_PLUGIN_PATH is set (it is inside an emerge environment, but
makes deployment tricky).

Regards
Thomas