Okular building help request

Jonathan Schultz jonathan at imatix.com
Mon Feb 29 22:43:59 UTC 2016

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for that - it seems to work fine. Using it as a basis to build
okular, I get almost there, until the build falls over with:

> mobile/components/CMakeFiles/okularplugin.dir/__/__/ui/pagepainter.cpp.obj: In function `ZN11PagePainter25paintCroppedPageOnPainterEP8QPainterPKN6Okular4PageEPNS2_16DocumentObserverEiiiRK5QRectRKNS2_14NormalizedRectEPNS2_15NormalizedPointE':
>
> C:/Users/Jonathan/KF5_emerge/k/download/git/okular/ui/pagepainter.cpp:806: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN6Okular8Settings23debugDrawAnnotationRectEv'
>
> C:/Users/Jonathan/KF5_emerge/k/download/git/okular/ui/pagepainter.cpp:124: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN6Okular8Settings14highlightLinksEv'
>
> C:/Users/Jonathan/KF5_emerge/k/download/git/okular/ui/pagepainter.cpp:125: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN6Okular8Settings15highlightImagesEv'
>
> C:/Users/Jonathan/KF5_emerge/k/download/git/okular/ui/pagepainter.cpp:84: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN6Okular8Settings17recolorBackgroundEv'
>
> C:/Users/Jonathan/KF5_emerge/k/download/git/okular/ui/pagepainter.cpp:360: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN6Okular8Settings10bWContrastEv'
>
> C:/Users/Jonathan/KF5_emerge/k/download/git/okular/ui/pagepainter.cpp:360: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN6Okular8Settings11bWThresholdEv'
>
> mobile/components/CMakeFiles/okularplugin.dir/documentitem.cpp.obj: In function `ZNK12DocumentItem22windowTitleForDocumentEv':
>
> C:/Users/Jonathan/KF5_emerge/k/download/git/okular/mobile/components/documentitem.cpp:84: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN6Okular8Settings25displayDocumentNameOrPathEv'
>
> C:/Users/Jonathan/KF5_emerge/k/download/git/okular/mobile/components/documentitem.cpp:87: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN6Okular8Settings20displayDocumentTitleEv'
>
> mobile/components/CMakeFiles/okularplugin.dir/documentitem.cpp.obj: In function `ZN12DocumentItemC2EP7QObject':
>
> C:/Users/Jonathan/KF5_emerge/k/download/git/okular/mobile/components/documentitem.cpp:38: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN6Okular8Settings8instanceERK7QString'
>
> collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

I understand the _imp___ prefix on the undefined identifiers is
connected with dynamic linking. It is also notable that all the missing
identifiers are defined in settings.cpp But beyond that, I'm struggling
to know whether the problem is that the identifiers are nowhere defined,
or the linker is not able to find them. Can anyone help?

Cheers,
Jonathan

is something to do with linking against DLLs, and it is notable that all