Okular building help request

Jonathan Schultz jonathan at imatix.com
Fri Feb 26 00:55:25 UTC 2016

Hello all,

I've been trying to build a recent version of okular (and dependencies)
for Windows using a variety of methods, with only moderate levels of
success, and now putting out a cry for help. Here is a description of
what I have achieved, and where I have failed:

kde-installer using mingw works fine, although I can only find a stable
release, ie version 0.16.2 of okular. I also managed to use
kde-installer under wine then build using mingw cross-compilation. I'm
pretty keen on cross-compilation as I want to produce regular builds of
work I am doing based on okular, and the fewer boxes I need to do this
the better. So if I could use get kde-installer to find an 'unstable'
release I'd be happy.

I then tried using kdesrc-build with cross-compilation on the
kf5-minimum branch. I made quite a bit of progress here with just a few
patches and managed to get 47 out of 61 packages to build. Those that
wouldn't build all seemed to have problems with various QT5 cmake
configuration files, and my knowledge of cmake and qmake was just not
enough so I abandoned this path. I'd still love to make this work, so if
anyone feels like lending a hand, I'd be happy to pick it up again.

So finally I gave in and tried to build under windows using emerge.
However my build fell apart with some kind of patch file problem that I
described (in the wrong place I'm guessing - 130 views and no responses)
here: https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=107&t=131006 Once again I'm
a bit lost on how to proceed, and given that others seem to be able to
make emerge work, I'm hoping that someone can help with this problem.

Many thanks,

Jonathan