Installation issues (#1 of 3)

David A Cobb superbiskit at cox.net
Fri Sep 4 13:43:13 UTC 2015

My system: Dell Inspiron, Intel Core-i3 processor, 4GiB ram,
     Windows 10

Installer: kdewin-installer-gui-1.0.0 (Dnld 2015-07-16)  (Admin)
Library:   MSYS2 MinGW64 x86_64

The install had to be restarted 3 times because "Unable to creating
directory ...".  Upon investigating, I find that the install had created
a file (e.g.) MANIFEST, then attempted to create a directory "manifest".
That would work on *'nix;  it will NOT work on case-blind Windows.

In order to complete the install, I renamed MANIFEST => MANIFEST.FILE.
The install complained about being unable to remove MANIFEST, but I just
ignored the complaint.