[KDE/Mac] Question about goal of Windows/Mac frameworks

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 19:42:11 UTC 2015

On Tuesday October 20 2015 13:29:21 Jeremy Whiting wrote:

>applications. I can also see the same power users recommending
>individual applications to their relatives (moms, grandmothers, etc.)
>using single application installers as you described. "Here mom,
>download this one bundle to install kxstitch on your windows laptop."
>etc.

A power user who doesn't clone his own "stable" (and above all, tested/known) install onto his (grand)mom's computer but tells her to download something else? Doesn't compute for me, except if the goal is to discourage said (grand)mom and above all dissuade her from coming looking for some more free support in the future :P