How to rebuild all KF5+Kate, and how to do this incrementally?

Dominik Haumann dhaumann at kde.org
Sun Nov 30 13:12:21 UTC 2014

Hi all,

some weeks ago, doing an emerge the first time, I was able to compile
frameworks and kate by typing:

$ emerge frameworks
$ emerge kate

But at this point, I have no idea how to keep the sources up-to-date.
emerge --update frameworks does not work. It does something, but defintiely
not want I want.

So, more specifically:
1. Entirely new build:
How to wipe all of the build-dirs and the installed stuff of frameworks + kate?
Under linux I have a kf5/src, kf5/usr, and kf5/build. There, I just `rm -rf usr build`.
How can I don the equivalent on Windows?

2. Incremental build:
Say frameworks + Kate is installed. How do I update *all* of frameworks + kate?
emerge --update frameworks does not at all what I want.
Under Linux, I do $ ./kdesrc-build frameworks, and I get what I want.

This should be more explicit in the wiki documentation.
Every time I try to invest time into building Kate on Windows, I finally am
stuck after some hours. This is frustrating on the one side, and a complete
waste of time :-(

Please enlighten me someone...

Thanks,
Dominik