Re: Trouble with setting up KDE build environment

Patrick von Reth vonreth at kde.org
Wed Nov 19 08:46:43 UTC 2014

Hi Paul,

For 4.13  and powershell you need to use the kdesettings.ini from 4.13 not from master.

For 4.13 and bat you need to use the kdesettings-example.bat move it to etc rename it to kdesettings.bat and modify it.

If you are on master the kdesettings.ini is used for bat and powershell.

To be able to run emerge in the powershell environment you need to load the powershell script.

This is done by the comment “. .\kdeenv.ps1” (the dot before the command), this is similar to bash and the source command.

The scripts wont work in git-bash as this would require bash scripts and unix support in our emerge scripts.

Cheers

Patrick