Trouble with setting up KDE build environment

Paul Manners paul.manners at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 08:12:11 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm going through the process described here:

https://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/Windows/emerge

to try and get a build environment set up.

I using VS2013 express running on x64 and Win8.

My directory structure is:

c:\kderoot\emerge
c:\kderoot\etc\kdesettings.ini

where kdesettings.ini has been copied from the emerge directory and edited
accordingly.

I've tried this with the git branches master and kde-4.13 for emerge
without success.   I don't have a kdesettings.bat (when using the master
branch) following the discussion on this list related to bug #339016.  When
running a powershell (powershell -executionpolicy unrestricted), I am able
to run the .\kdeevn.ps1 script successfully.  However when it comes to
running "emerge --help" it doesn't appear that it is in the application
search path.  I've looked at the README docs in the emerge directory but
they haven't shed any light.  Given I need to run kdeevn.ps1, I can't run
it in my git bash prompt.  Running kdeevnt.bat in git-bash doesn't seem to
work either.

I'm sure this is something silly, perhaps someone can point me in the right
direction?

regards
Paul