Spell checking in Kate

Dominik Haumann dhaumann at kde.org
Sat Nov 1 10:38:38 UTC 2014

On Friday 31 October 2014 10:52:44 Bastiaan Veelo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is spell checking in Kate supported? If it is then I should check my
> installation, because it accepts any and all text as correct US english. I
> haven’t updated in a while, my Kate version is 3.10.2, KDE 4.10.2. I am
> editing in Doxygen markup mode.

Hi Bastian,

it definitely works under Linux. Maybe some other Windows develoepr here can
comment on this further?

In Kate, we use the Sonnet spell checking library, which in turn has several
backends from ispiell to aspell and hunspell (and what now?!). Maybe one of
this libraries need to be available on Windows as well? Not sure.

Besides that, did you try to change the dictionary through the Tools menu?

Greetings,
Dominik