KDE Windows installer available over KDE mirror network

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 15:13:19 UTC 2013

Am 21.03.2013 15:22, schrieb Jeff Harp:
> Installer still not working for me either on W7 (32-bit).  Attaching
> log.  Same problem(s) described earlier.  Insists on trying to use SF site.
sourceforge.net is a last fallback when the installer is not able to
fetch the file config.txt from the choosen release dir.

According to
https://projects.kde.org/projects/kdesupport/kdewin-installer/repository/revisions/master/raw/doc/design/Installer%20Wizard.png
the light yellow actions are downloading.

fetch list of mirror from server from   ->
http://download.kde.org/kdewin/installer/mirrors.list

collect installed packages  - find

-> find release on http://download.kde.org/stable/
-> find available win32 releases
http://download.kde.org/stable/xxx/win32/config.txt

fetch global config from server    (for example stable 4.8.0)
-> http://download.kde.org/stable/4.8.0/win32/config.txt

fetch list of available packages
-> dir listing of http://download.kde.org/stable/4.8.0/win32/

Regards