required and optional external applications for KDE SC

Todd Rme toddrme2178 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 08:28:40 UTC 2013

The cantor sage backend requires virtualbox to run, since it is
basically a Linux image.  It also requires 7 GB of space.  I think
this is a bit much.That is the same reason you don't see many Linux
distros shipping SAGE, it includes so much of the stack it is
practically an entire Linux distro itself even if you run it on Linux.

How much of the optional ark backends are included?

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 5:10 AM, Andrius da Costa Ribas
<andriusmao at gmail.com> wrote:
> nevermind, didn't pay attention on the title
>

> 2013/6/5 Andrius da Costa Ribas <andriusmao at gmail.com>
>>
>> Should this include optional ones (e.g.: Cantor backends)?
>>

>> 2013/6/4 Patrick Spendrin <ps_ml at gmx.de>
>>>
>>> Hi everybody,
>>>
>>> I have made a list of additional software that might be required or
>>> strongly recommended for some KDE applications.
>>>

>>> http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KDE_on_Windows/additional_software_needed
>>>
>>> Please fill in the gaps, fix where needed.
>>> We might need to discuss this issue further, e.g. which changes we might
>>> want to make in that sense in kdewin-installer or the applications
>>> themselves.
>>>
>>> regards,
>>> Patrick