KMyMoney doesn't run libalkimia.dll missing

Ismael Bejarano ismaelbej at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 04:11:41 UTC 2013

Hi!!

After a fresh new install from http://windows.kde.org/download.php
(mingw4 64bits), KMyMoney didn't run saying libalkimia was missing
(checked that effectively libalkimia.dll is missing from the bin/
folder).

Checking the installer in advanced mode I can't find the libalkimia
package (also checked for alkimia). Then checked the repository
http://download.kde.org/stable/4.10.2/win32/, and libalkimia it is
missing from there. Other mirror like
http://archive.sunet.se/pub/X11/kde/stable/ also didn't have those
packages.

Searching with DDG for libalkimia I got the site
http://www.winkde.org/pub/kde/ports/win32/repository-4.10/kde/, which
have the package libalkimia-x64-mingw4-4.3.2-bin.tar.bz2. Manually
extracting libalkimia.dll in the bin/ folder make KMyMoney work.

If needed I'll make a bug report.

Cheers,

Ismael