Nightly builds (Was: Re: Emerge : error while install kdelib on windows with emerge python 33 no module info)

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Jan 11 10:57:58 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Thursday 10 January 2013, Laszlo Papp wrote:
> IMO, with KDE 4.10 on the radar, we should perhaps focus on master again.

well, of course that may make sense.

That had me starting to wonder exactly how much more would need to be done in
order to release kde 4.9, though. After quite some digging around, I found a
dashboard for 4.9 at
http://www.winkde.org/pub/kde/ports/win32/dashboard/release/ (now linked from
the KDE_on_Windows techbase landing page). However, no build seems to have
happened after the initial setup on September, 25. Who can trigger builds /
what would have to be done to trigger the next build attempt / what would have
to be done to make sure builds are attempted, regularly?

Even if there is a consensus to skip 4.9, I wonder: Assuming a build (timed or
manual) of 4.9 was to succeed on all supported arches. What else would have to
be done after this?

Somewhat unrelated, but not entirely so: The nighly builds of master seem to
have stopped, too, around August, 08. Also, these seem to be done for mingw4
32bit, only. Would there be sufficient ressources to include the other
supported arches, too (if nightly would eat too much CPU, perhaps on a weekly
schedule)?

Regards
Thomas