Installation failing (and so is starting many KDE programs)

Alan Wood alan_wood at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 10 20:41:46 UTC 2013

I've tried a number of additional things.  I've disabled my anti-virus, etc
and nothing works.  KMyMoney came up once (randomly, nothing I did as far
as I can tell) between the first message and today, but not again.

When starting dbus-daemon manually this is what I get:

D:\KDE\Install\bin>dbus-daemon --session
Failed to start message bus: Failed to bind socket "localhost:56806":
Address already in use

The port number changes on each execution, and the port isn't opened before
or after running the command.  So, it appears that the daemon may be trying
to open the same port twice?

Trying to start qdbusviewer.exe results in a dialog box with this error
message:

Error: Cannot connect to D-Bus: Failed to get autolaunch address from
launched dbus-daemon

Alan