cmake v2.8.10.2 fails on windows xp service pack 3

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sat Apr 27 07:34:13 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Saturday 27 April 2013 16:24:49 DeveloperChris wrote:
> On 27/04/2013 3:58 PM, Thomas Friedrichsmeier wrote:
> > I installed cmake 2.8.11-rc1 (available via emerge, but not the default
> > target), which works on my WinXP.
>
> I can't find that. Its not in the current cmake-2.8.4.2011622.py
> Just checked through the git log history and it was removed

oh, indeed, I remembered it wrong. Now I see, I had locally cherry-picked that
back in.

> Sadly when I try and build mpir (for kmymoney) it just hangs when I use long
> paths. I have not been able to resolve the issue so I need short paths.
>
> Nothing in the logs, even when logging set to 3

Not sure if this relates at all, but on my (virtual) machine, the kdelibs
build was going extremely slow. I found that if I set "EMERGE_MAKE_PROGRAM" to
mingw32-make instead of jom, it came back to speed. I wrote it off to some
obscure multi-core issue in virtualbox, but conceivably it had an entirely
different cause.

In either way, when the logs don't tell you anything: CD to the build
directory (assuming it has been created), and run mingw32-make, manually,
there. (I tried to document some debugging tricks I discovered by trial and
error, here:
  http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KDE_on_Windows/Development_Workflow
)

Regards