cmake v2.8.10.2 fails on windows xp service pack 3

DeveloperChris developerchris at rebel.com.au
Sat Apr 27 06:54:49 UTC 2013

On 27/04/2013 3:58 PM, Thomas Friedrichsmeier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> again no solution, but a workaround:
>
> On Saturday 27 April 2013 12:29:25 DeveloperChris wrote:
>> Cmake on windows xp servicepack 3 fails with the error
>> The procedure entry point _mkgmtime64 could not be located in the dynamic
>> link library msvcrt.dll
>
> I installed cmake 2.8.11-rc1 (available via emerge, but not the default
> target), which works on my WinXP.

I can't find that. Its not in the current cmake-2.8.4.2011622.py
Just checked through the git log history and it was removed

commit a7c921fb7764a16b3b476de0cdb98bb9343fc077
Author: Patrick von Reth <vonreth at kde.org>
Date:   Wed Apr 17 14:09:04 2013 +0200

     Revert "updated cmake to 2.8.11-rc1"

Looks like I'll have to check that out again. That certainly explains my
confusion because cmake used to work (in a fashion anyway)

>> The problems with short paths is also not resolved in that version
>> See
>> http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=10994
>>
>> The bugfix has not been merged in yet (as far as I am aware)
>
> True. What I did was build everything without short paths, _except_ for Qt
> (where only short paths worked).

Sadly when I try and build mpir (for kmymoney) it just hangs when I use long
paths. I have not been able to resolve the issue so I need short paths.

Nothing in the logs, even when logging set to 3

> Regards
> Thomas

I also tried to download the source code for cmake v2.8.10.2 but the link on
sourceforge is broken it ends in a 404 error. but sourceforge hides that
with a page which makes you go around in circles.

Most confusing

Chris