emerge issues #7

DeveloperChris DeveloperChris at rebel.com.au
Wed Apr 24 00:51:19 UTC 2013

While trying to compile kdevelop using emerge on the master branch I keep
running into issues

Issue #7

compiling Kate

I am not sure if this is a cmake issue or kate issue

I have short paths enabled and consistently get this error

|-- Found KDE 4.10 include dir: r://include||
||-- Found KDE 4.10 library dir: r://lib||
||-- Found the KDE4 kconfig_compiler preprocessor:
r://bin/kconfig_compiler.exe||
||-- Found automoc4: R:/bin/automoc4.exe||
||CMake Error at /lib/cmake/KActivities/KActivitiesLibraryTargets.cmake:68
(message):||
||  The imported target "kactivities" references the file||
||     "//lib/libkactivities.dll.a"||
||  but this file does not exist.  Possible reasons include:||
||  * The file was deleted, renamed, or moved to another location.||
||  * An install or uninstall procedure did not complete successfully.||
||  * The installation package was faulty and contained||
||"/lib/cmake/KActivities/KActivitiesLibraryTargets.cmake"||
||  but not all the files it references.||
||Call Stack (most recent call first):||
||  /lib/cmake/KActivities/KActivitiesConfig.cmake:18 (include)||
||r:/share/apps/cmake/modules/MacroOptionalFindPackage.cmake:32 (find_package)||
||  CMakeLists.txt:14 (macro_optional_find_package)|

Obviously cmake is looking for "//lib/libkactivities.dll.a" and not finding it

Should it not be searching for "r://lib/libkactivities.dll.a" ?

If I comment out the following lines in kate/CMakeLists.txtkate compiles
with no further fatal issues

# activity feature for Kate/KWrite
#macro_optional_find_package(KActivities 6.1.0)
#macro_log_feature(KActivities_FOUND "KActivities" "Activities interface
library" "https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdelibs/kactivities" FALSE
"6.1.0" "Required for Activities integration.")

Whenever I have shortpaths enabled compilation sometimes fails with similar
errors. fixing this one issue will resolve many of the issues I have come
across so far which forces me to constantly switch between short paths and
long paths. I think Issue #6 I reported is perhaps due to long paths but
trying with short paths fails

--
Regards
Developer Chris