Compile okular on Win8 with Visual Studio 2010

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Mon Oct 1 08:57:45 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 9:48 AM, Bogdan Cristea <cristeab at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I need to compile a patched version of okular for windows. I have downloaded
> okular sources and debug information for windows, but when using cmake to
> generate project files I get the following error:
>
> Could not find KDE4 kde4-config
>
> Could you tell me what is the proper way to compile okular from sources on
> Windows.

I would either install the necessary kde dependencies with the gui
installer and then try to build okular based on those (disclaimer:
never tried such a thing myself, just speculating), or I would go for
emerge [1]. I have tried the latter at least, and that works. :-)

Laszlo

[1] http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/Windows/emerge