using icc instead of visual c++ or mingw

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Mon Jun 25 10:33:48 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 12:11 PM, Patrick Spendrin <ps_ml at gmx.de> wrote:

> About icc: icc uses the MSVC libraries & headers, so it basically should
> be equivalent to our msvc builds. I am not sure how hard this is; I
> would think that there shouldn't be such a great difference.

Using ICC should be as easy as configuring the build for MSVC2010,
then setting CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER (and maybe linker, etc) to icc.

The main advantage of ICC is parallelization, vectorization and that
kind of advanced stuff. Some optimizations are Intel-only. I really
doubt it'd make a difference in regards to network, DBUS, etc (for
DBUS, IMHO something like libdbusfat would really improve performance:
http://www.elpauer.org/?p=1157 )

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org