Python 2.7 is maintained (Re: RFC: switching to python 3)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Jan 9 16:24:19 UTC 2012

Hi Partrick,

Am Wednesday, 4. January 2012 00:01:02 schrieb Patrick Spendrin:
> we are currently thinking about switching emerge to python 3.X. This is
> needed as the currently used version is not maintained anymore, there
> will be no more 2.7.X release.

To my best knowledge Python 2.7 is actively maintained
and will continue to be so for the foreseeable future.
2.7.2 came out last July with 2.7.3 not so far away.

So there is no pressure to migrate.
If it can be easily done of course it would be nice extra
to move to Python 3.

Best Regards,
Bernhard