kmail doesn't work in KDE-release 4.8.0

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at
Mon Feb 6 09:01:03 UTC 2012

Am Montag 06 Februar 2012 01:10:25 schrieb Uwe Premer:
> Hi Reinhard,
> Reinhard Irmer schrieb am 05.02.2012 15:00 Uhr:
> > Hi,
> >
> > after installing the new release, the start of kmail failes with this:
> > screenshot
> >
> > The failurelog is attached.
> Here Kmail 4.8.0 is starting correctly and searching for mails:
> <>.
> But when I click into the setup of Kmail (Einstellungen -> Kmail
> einrichten), it crashes and gets closed.
Which compiler version do you have installed, you are most likely running into we have not fixed this for all
platforms because i did not upload a promised x64 build of the compiler with
the mentioned build flag.  (Damn have to do this)

> Also KMail in this release isn't suitable for mail accounts with a big
> number of mails. Because of one of my accounts with > 32000 mails KMail
> needs halve on hour for downloading and then beeing able to use.
I have it running here with three accounts and ~2GB mails completly
disconnected imap, initial sync is slow but was done in acceptable time for
me (under one hour) the old Kmail 1 was not much quicker in that regard but
after the inital sync even a test folder with 80k Mails takes around 15s to
open which i find acceptable since most my "real" folders are much smaller
and open nearly instantly. (And KMail 1 freezes the GUI for 22s opening that
same folder ;) )

> > How2 make kmail work?
> In your case perhaps there are missing some software parts.
> Also it should be installed the Microsoft SQL Server in the windows system.
No the Microsoft SQL Server has nothing at all to do with this.

Andre Heinecke |  ++49-541-335083-262 |