kmail doesn't work in KDE-release 4.8.0

Uwe Premer uwe.premer at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 00:10:25 UTC 2012

Hi Reinhard,

Reinhard Irmer schrieb am 05.02.2012 15:00 Uhr:
> Hi,
>
> after installing the new release, the start of kmail failes with this:
> http://666kb.com/i/c100x06ik73g7wmd8.png screenshot
>
> The failurelog is attached.

Here Kmail 4.8.0 is starting correctly and searching for mails:
<http://666kb.com/i/c10g6yhi4e5frbyb9.jpg>.

But when I click into the setup of Kmail (Einstellungen -> Kmail
einrichten), it crashes and gets closed.

Also KMail in this release isn't suitable for mail accounts with a big
number of mails. Because of one of my accounts with > 32000 mails KMail
needs halve on hour for downloading and then beeing able to use.

> How2 make kmail work?

In your case perhaps there are missing some software parts.
Also it should be installed the Microsoft SQL Server in the windows system.

Uwe