KDE SC 4.7.0 binaries available on Windows

Vláďa vladovi at atlas.cz
Sun Sep 4 19:34:58 UTC 2011

Hi KDE-Windows Team,

Thank you for releasing KDE 4.7 for Windows really very quickly after
the official source release.

However I have some problems with the applications I would like to use.

1) AmaroK:
     - I'm getting errors with message "The process for file protocol
died unexpectedly."
     - The UI is very unresponsive
     - The default backend is probably DirectShow, if I try to change it
(click on "Configure Phonon" button), AmaroK closes without any error
message. Phonon-vlc backend is installed.

2) Gwenview:
     - Sometimes shows the same error "The process for file protocol
died unexpectedly." as AmaroK.
     - The process kio_thumbnail crashes regularly with this message:
"Executable: bin PID: 696 Signal: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005)"

3) DigiKam:
     - Shows error message that neither MySQL or SQLite database plugins
are not installed and the application won't open.

I do believe that some of the problems are caused by missing
dependencies. But there are also some other crashes. Unfortunately when
I tried to report them, DrKonqui crashed as well.

Regards,
Vladimir