FOSDEM 2012

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 18 09:25:20 UTC 2011

Am 18.11.2011 02:41, schrieb Pau Garcia i Quiles:
> Hi,
>
> I am coorganizing the CrossDesktop DevRoom for FOSDEM 2012. You
> probably have already seen the announcement because I have spammed
> every list moderately related to the topic :-)
>
> Last year people were very interested in KDE on Windows and one of the
> post-event conclusions was it would be nice to have CDs with KDE on
> Windows to give to attendants (i. e. instead of downloading
> everything, distribute it in a CD).
>
> Crazy me, I was thinking maybe we could take advantage of the 45-day
> grace period for activation Microsoft offers and maybe create a live
> CD with KDE on Windows. If we could replace Aero with Plasma, so that
> it looks like "KDE with a Windows kernel", even better.  I have not
> really conducted much research into this (especially on the licensing
> issues) but, what do you think?
Sounds good.
Technical speeking to distribute  KDE on a CD do not requiry very much
efforts: Download and install a full release, write a simple executable
or batch file which inits kde and starts the desktop and one to shutdown
kde. Mastering could be done with an usb stick.

What kind of amount you are thinking of ? Who will make the cd label and
burn the cd's ?