Kile on Windows requires Kate

mogliii mogliii at gmx.net
Thu Nov 17 14:03:23 UTC 2011

I posted this on kile-devel and they passed me on to this mailing list:

######
Following my email a few days back. I reproduced it by uninstalling the
whole KDE on Windows and reinstalling following the wiki
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/kile/index.php?title=KileOnWindows

Kile generated the following error message [1]:
"No editor component found. Please check your KDE Installation."
and crashed.

After installing kdesdk -> kate the error does not appear and Kile
starts as expected.

Is it possible to manage this with a dependence in the KDE on Windows
installer? If you select Kile, Kate is installed as well.

[1] http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/5196/kdewindowskile.jpg
######

So can you please update the windows installer so that kile depends on kate.

Many thanks