[Kde-pim] akonadi google resources

Mario Santagiuliana fedora at marionline.it
Sat Nov 12 08:30:12 UTC 2011

In data 12/11/2011 01:10:24, Romain Pokrzywka ha scritto:
> On Friday, November 11, 2011 12:53:55 AM Davide Favaro wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I was wandering if is possible to have akonadi resource for access
> > google data on kdepim. I did not find it using the installer.
> > I am looking for google calendar integration. In kdepim 4.7 the is a
> > HUGE improvement in that field and I would like to use it also under
> > Windows. Thanks in advice,
> > davide
>
> Hi Davide,
>
> There are two ways you can access Google Calendar with kdepim on
> windows:
>
> the simplest way is to create a new "ICal Calendar File" resource and
> to  specify the google calendar Ical adress as the URL. (you can get
> that access from the calendar details on google, section "Calendar
> Address" at the bottom, the ICAL button)
>
> However this is a read-only access, which only brings limited
> functionality.
>
> For full read-write access, you would need to use a google akonadi
> resource, I  know of two: one is in kde/extragear (based on libgcal),
> and the other seems to be mostly independent of kde :
> http://www.progdan.cz/category/akonadi- google/
> I'm not sure which one is the most actively maintained and stable.
> Regardless,  you will have to compile them yourselves, using the
> kde-windows build system emerge (see
> http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/Windows/emerge)
>
> Cheers
> Romain

Hi to all,
there is another important project: akonadi-googledata.
I package it for Fedora users (it is in the stable Fedora repository) and I
don't know if it works on windows.
http://blog.marionline.it/linux/fedora/pacchetto-akonadi-googledata/
http://blog.marionline.it/en/linux-en/fedora-en/packages-for-akonadi-
googledata/

Akonadi-googledata and libgcal was the first project to create an akonadi
resource.

I try to make in contact (sorry for my English...I don't know if you can
understand this expression...) the two upstream and I ask to them to merge
the two project to create one akonadi resource written in C or C++.
The project you have cited don't collaborate really much in libgcal library
and in akonadi-googledata. And the developers of libgcal and akonadi-
googledata doesn't have really much time...

Google provides a great free python library to interact with his services.
I think the most easy and quickly way to create a powerful akonadi resource
is to write it using python.

I create the first python akonadi resource, just for exercise and for
example. You can check it on github:
https://github.com/marionline/pyvcarddirresource

Now I want to create an akonadi resource written in python using google
library for google calendar but I don't have really much time and KConfigMX
for python doesn't help me to create the configuration interface of my
resource...After the configuration mask is complete the development of the
resource is more easy and quickly. And should work on windows too...isn't?

P.S. sorry for my bad English...
--
Mario Santagiuliana
www.marionline.it