akonadi google resources

Romain Pokrzywka romain.pokrzywka at kdab.com
Sat Nov 12 00:10:24 UTC 2011

On Friday, November 11, 2011 12:53:55 AM Davide Favaro wrote:
> Hi,
> I was wandering if is possible to have akonadi resource for access google
> data on kdepim. I did not find it using the installer.
> I am looking for google calendar integration. In kdepim 4.7 the is a HUGE
> improvement in that field and I would like to use it also under Windows.
> Thanks in advice,
> davide

Hi Davide,

There are two ways you can access Google Calendar with kdepim on windows:

the simplest way is to create a new "ICal Calendar File" resource and to
specify the google calendar Ical adress as the URL. (you can get that access
from the calendar details on google, section "Calendar Address" at the bottom,
the ICAL button)

However this is a read-only access, which only brings limited functionality.

For full read-write access, you would need to use a google akonadi resource, I
know of two: one is in kde/extragear (based on libgcal), and the other seems
to be mostly independent of kde : http://www.progdan.cz/category/akonadi-
google/
I'm not sure which one is the most actively maintained and stable. Regardless,
you will have to compile them yourselves, using the kde-windows build system
emerge (see http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/Windows/emerge)

Cheers
Romain

--
Romain Pokrzywka | romain at kdab.com | Senior Qt Software Engineer & Trainer
303 Twin Dolphin Dr., Redwood City, CA-94065