kde plasma on Windows 7

Eduard Sukharev kraplax at mail.ru
Tue May 3 13:50:13 CEST 2011

В сообщении от Вторник 03 мая 2011 20:15:49 автор Mihai Dobrescu написал:
> On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 10:58 AM, Eduard Sukharev <kraplax at mail.ru> wrote:
> > В сообщении от Вторник 03 мая 2011 15:09:43 автор Mihai Dobrescu написал:

> > Well, Plasma, as it's supposed to be, is an explorer.exe replacement.
> > They might coexist, but almost surely they will conflict - as in this
> > case. I don't know which name the current plasma desktop binary has (a
> > year ago it was plasma-desktop.exe iirc), but you may try to use the
> > Platform KCM to replace explorer.exe with plasma - should be available
> > in SystemSettings if you installed it. But be aware that if the Plasma
> > desktop binary changed you will end up without any shell at all - then
> > you'll have to run SystemSettings again and get the explorer back as
> > default user shell.
> > --
as i already said - they may work, but the code changes and the behaviour
changes. The video you linked to was "Uploaded by montoya1411 on Jul 24, 2008"
- lots of things changed since then. As we can see in this case - Plasma seems
to be running "behind" the desktop as it assumes that it's the only shell and
tries to be "the lowest window" on the screen.