Testable KDEPIM Software for Windows

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Tue Mar 29 20:37:59 CEST 2011

Am 29.03.2011 15:21, schrieb Andre Heinecke:
> Hi,
> as previously announced we have created a Package of KDEPIM Software for MS
> Windows called "Kolab Enterprise 5 Client - Rough Cut Edition" a Version can
> be downloaded from files.kolab.org [1]. This Version is based on KDE 4.6. and
> kdepim / kdepimlibs from the git master branch. So it is basically what we
> will also see in the KDE-Windows 4.6 release.
Very nice work :-)
<snip>

> If you want to help please check out and contribute to the wiki page. [4]
> Any feedback is also appreciated.
One issue I saw it that by using the default kde home any previously
installed kde version may be nonfunctional.
There should be an option in kdeglobalsrc to define a KDEHOME postfix,
which makes a  specific KDE product use a unique home dir for example
something similar to

[General]
KDEHomePostfix=-kontact

On runtime this will be expanded to for example on windows 7 to
C:\Users\<a-user>\AppData\Roaming\.kde-kontact

Regards