emerge/bin/Source/GitSource: git createPatch is wrong for python sources

Wolfgang Rohdewald wolfgang at rohdewald.de
Tue Mar 15 22:30:14 CET 2011

On Dienstag 15 März 2011, Andre Heinecke wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 15. März 2011 12:34:05 schrieb Wolfgang Rohdewald:
> > because leading space has a meaning, but those differences
> > will not be in the patch file.
>
> Actually i did not think about python there at all. In the
> case of create  patch the --ignore-all-space should be
> removed in my opinion.

I removed it, r1225001

> I've added it in the hope so that
> fewer patches with accidental whitespace changes would be
> commited to emerge.

I would very much favour to port emerge to git - the sooner
the better. A separate repository only for emerge.
One advantage: You normally commit to your local
repo first, so you have full control over pre-commit hooks.

I am doing that for kajongg, calling pylint and doing several
trivial checks like whitespace changes for every single
commit - this already saved me quite a few unnecessary
whitespace changes and regressions

of course kajongg is still svn like all of kdegames but the
git-svn gateway is sufficient for me, YMMV

--
Wolfgang