Why does windows.kde.org claim KDE includes Konsole?

John McCabe-Dansted gmatht at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 07:52:38 CEST 2011

This release appears to claim that KDE includes Konsole:

"July 2nd, 2009 : First release candidate of KDE 4.3 for Windows available
The KDE on Windows team today announced the immediate availability of
the first release candidate for the upcoming 4.3 release series. This
release also provides some snapshots of unstable applications:
Konsole, ..."
  --  http://windows.kde.org/news.php

Just in case anyone thought that was a typo:

"May 9th, 2010 : KDE Software Compilation 4.4.1 for Windows available
The KDE on Windows team today has released an update to the 4.4 series
of our Software Compilation. Among other improvements, this update
includes a fix for KMail hanging when sending emails that just missed
the deadline for 4.4.0 and a number of fixes in many gearheads'
favorite terminal emulator, Konsole ..."

However I can't find Konsole.exe anywhere, and whenever anyone asks on
a KDE mailing list where it is, it is claimed that it does not exist.
So I am confused, what are the press releases talking about?

--
John C. McCabe-Dansted

P.S. I am currently using Console2, but even apparently trivial things
like the "Maximise" button don't work. Presumably this is because
Console2 needs to wrap the Win32 Console to be able access cmd.exe,
and the Win32 Console is really weird and not in a good way.

It would be nice to have a powerful terminal to run
/cygwin/bin/{dash,bash,ssh} etc. without having to deal with Win32
Console related bugs. Something like lxterminal.exe from Cygwin, but
that doesn't need X11. I guess hooking into Cygwin ptys may require
linking against cygwin.dll, which comes with problems of its own.