Testing Libical on Windows for the next release

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Fri Jun 24 15:23:54 CEST 2011

Volunteers,

I added a windows-test subdir to the freeassociation/branches SVN repo.
So what you will be testing is in freeassociation/branches/windows-test/libical

See http://sourceforge.net/scm/?type=svn&group_id=16077 for subversion access info.

Instructions for building with CMake can be found in README.cmake.
You might try using the automake/autoconf buildsystem too if you have msys and all that.

In particular I had a hard time with 'make test' crashing when attempting to access timezone info.
You can test using the libical builtin Olsen zoneinfo by passing -DUSE_BUILTIN_TZDATA=true to cmake.

Let us know how it goes .. and thanks.
-Allen