emerge python code

Wolfgang Rohdewald wolfgang at rohdewald.de
Sun Jan 9 13:12:57 CET 2011

On Sonntag 09 Januar 2011, Patrick Spendrin wrote:
> Hm, you could start that, but the question is how much work
> overhead that is, since people might not be that interested.
> Wrt. docstrings, we can definitely try and improve that
> situation, that shouldn't hurt at all.

meanwhile I have a few first patches in my local git repository,
see below. They are not yet ready, I need to test them. And
I only want to really commit patches when the amount of
pylint messages is much more reduced.

just to give you an idea of what I am doing.

what do I do when the patchset is ready? Directly commit?
Put into the reviewboard?

and I have a question: Some functions use argument names
like dir or type. Those a predefined built-ins. It is of
course allowed to redefine them locally but there should
be a good reason for doing this.

but I cannot rename arguments unless I can also rename
them in all callers of this function. So: Is the code
in emerge/bin only referenced here and in portage or
is there any other external use outside of kdesupport?