emerge cannot clone kdesupport/attica

Wolfgang Rohdewald wolfgang at rohdewald.de
Fri Jan 7 08:58:05 CET 2011

On Donnerstag 06 Januar 2011, Patrick Spendrin wrote:
> > fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent
> > directories): .git
>
> Please go into %DOWNLOADDIR%\svn-src\ and remove the folder
> attica, then try again. This error normally happens if an
> incomplete .git dir exists in the checkout location. If this
> still happens after removing, the error might be in your git
> setup

I was not careful - there was another error message when
I tried before:

The server's host key is not cached in the registry. ...

The wiki and kdesettings-example.bat both mention

plink <your-svn-username>@svn.kde.org

but I also had to do

plink <your-kde-username>@git.kde.org

kdelibs is now done.

maybe that should be added to the wiki and kdelibs-example.bat?

btw the kdesettings-example.bat mentions http access
for svn. I believe this has been disabled for good, and
only svn+ssh is possible.

So KDESVNPASSWORD should not be needed anymore either.

Mismatch between wiki and kdesettings-example: the wiki
explains how to define svn+putty but kdesettings-example
only mentions svn+ssh

--
Wolfgang