emerge and pylint

Wolfgang Rohdewald wolfgang at rohdewald.de
Mon Feb 21 01:31:31 CET 2011

I just committed the pylintrc I am using. Commit message:

adding pylintrc: a stricter one for emerge/bin and
a less strict one for emerge (because I do not want
to fix thousands of messages about obsolete packages)

right now pylint in emerge/bin produces no messages
at all. It might be a good idea to put it into
your local git as a pre commit hook. If interested,
I have a commit hook in kajongg (needs to be adapted)
see kdegames/kajongg/git-pre-commit

Usage: (should be simpler...)
cd emerge/bin ; pylint *.py */*.py
cd emerge ; pylint `find portage -name '*.py'`

I am running pylint 0.23 and python2.6 on Linux,
- the less windows the better - but pylint
works the same on Windows.

--
Wolfgang