News from Kontact Enterprise

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Thu Feb 17 18:15:01 CET 2011

Hello,
as a development partner of Kolab Systems, we are doing a new Kontact
Enterprise 5 Desktop Windows package.

This time we want to set up a build process similar to the one we had for
WinCE, reporting at http://saegewerk.wald.intevation.org/emerges/index.py
and automatically publishing new packages.
The reason for this reporting is that we can validate and report the status of
the complete stack we need to provide a Windows Installer.
We don't build multiple packages with multiple compilers for what the
reporting on winkde is useful and we dont build just one package on a stable
stack for what the reporting at cdash might be useful.
Our builds take one snapshot of emerge and do a clean build (e.g. emerge
kdepim-e5-package) with this. With clean sources and (cached) downloads each
time.

There is quite a bit of work necessary to make Kontact Desktop
production ready for organisational users. Kolab Systems, KDAB, Intevation is
able to do the work, we are looking for someone fund it.

Hopefully our (KDE-Windows) efforts to get KDEPIM in the 4.6 release of
KDE-Windows and a new single installer can contribute to make Kontact a
serious groupware client for Windows.

Regards
Andre

P.S.
Compiler will be mingw-w64-i686 or what we call mingw-w32 ;)

--
Andre Heinecke |  ++49-541-335083-262 |  http://www.intevation.de/