Problem with Kile and Gnuplot

Patrick Spendrin ps_ml at gmx.de
Tue Dec 6 09:37:24 UTC 2011

Am 05.12.2011 18:00, schrieb krueger.andy at kabelmail.de:
> Hello,
>
> I have a little problem - I have installed kile on my KDE for windows -
> everything works fine, but I have a problem with gnuplot. Its installed
> at my windows but it seems kile doesnt see gnuplot. If I compile my code
> with TeXniccenter it works and i get my graphs. With kile i only get
> Package gnuplottex Warning: Conversion of test4-gnuplottex-fig1.gnuplot
> failed. Package gnuplottex Warning: Please convert
> test4-gnuplottex-fig1.gnuplot manual.
> Do you have an idea how to get kile to compile my code?

- please make sure that you have the path to gnuplot.exe in the windows
PATH variable. When I downloaded a gnuplot package, that binary was in
the subfolder binary, so that I would need to add C:\gnuplot\binary to
my PATH (given that I had unpacked gnuplot to C:\gnuplot).
- if this simple solution doesn't work, please open a bugreport on
bugs.kde.org and describe your setup (where you have installed what) and
please also add some testcases (my tex skills are not that great ;-)).

regards,
Patrick