Rwindows.kde.org & Digikam

Francis Corvin francis_ at gmx.net
Fri Sep 10 00:16:19 CEST 2010

Hello,

Ralf Habacker's message just prompted me to check if the Windows
installer had been updated since 4.4.0. It hasn't, which is an
unfortunate change from previous updates --- for instance the last
two versions were updated one week after the Unix version.

My particular problem is that Digikam has dropped out of all the
Windows KDE versions that are available. The only one I don't know
about is KDE 4.4.1: the Windows KDE installer crashes after I select
KDE 4.4.1. Even then, it might only have Digikam 1.1, which has a
fatal bug such that I can't use it on my pictures.

I haven't got the capability to compile the latest version from the
source, and other messages suggest Gilles Caulier will get there
before me anyway. So, can anyone explain to me in simple words or
URLs what needs to happen to get Digikam 1.4 for Windows distributed
through the KDE installer? I'll see then if there is anything I can help with.

I have seen other messages with similar pleas, but no answer from
anyone. In the meantime I and others are a bit stuck.

TIA

Francis